I love the combination of oranges and cream. As a kid, Creamsicles were my absolute favorite Popsicle. Vanilla on the inside, orange on the outside… What’s not to like? Since I didn’t have any on hand, I decided to recreate those flavors in this super simple slushie recipe. And now I’m going to share it with you!
By the way, if you don’t have oranges on hand, it tastes pretty much the same without them. I like the pulp from the oranges, but if you don’t, skip them. Still tasty!
Orange Cream Slushie Recipe
- ¾ c. orange juice
- ½ c. milk
- 3-4 orange slices
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 12-14 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Pulse until ice is completely crushed and liquid is smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pour into chilled glasses, and garnish with an orange slice.
And my son wanted me to take a picture of him with his slushie, too. Any time the camera is out lately, he wants in on it. He loves watching himself in videos or looking at his own pictures. Total ham!
As it turns out, he didn’t care much for the slushie because I used the last orange to make it, and that upset him. Ooops. More slushie goodness for Mom, though, amirite?
For another yummy summer drink (that’s also kid-friendly), check out my Homemade Cherry Slushie at Back Roads and Blue Jeans. That’s my other blog where you’ll mostly find comfort food, country crafts, homemaking hacks and frugal tips.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 10 Fun and Romantic Summer Date Ideas on a Budget - April 28, 2017
- 6 Thanksgiving Traditions to Start With Your Family This Year - November 19, 2016
- Sports Valentines Printables – Candy Free Valentine’s Day Ideas - February 7, 2016