Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are a light, low carb meal that you can make in a flash in the Instant Pot. Use the chicken filling for these wraps if you’re watching the carbs, or put them on sandwich buns for an equally delicious option. Even the kids love this healthy meal!
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps in the Instant Pot
With warmer weather approaching, my family and I like to eat lighter fare. There’s something about the hot summer months that makes me shy away from a stomach full of food… Know what I mean? And when I find foods that I can make in my Instant Pot or slow cooker, that’s even better. I don’t have to heat up my kitchen to make a meal, and when it’s simmering hot and the central air is barely keeping up, every degree or two makes a big difference.
That’s where these Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps come in. They’re flavorful. They’re easy. They’re oh-so-good. Seriously… everyone loved them, and the kids didn’t even miss the bread. If you want something a little easier to eat, you can always toss the ingredients like a salad or put the meat mixture on buns if the carbs don’t matter. But what a great way to cut calories without feeling like you’re missing out!
Let’s get to the recipe…
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are healthy, low carb and absolutely delicious! They make a wonderful light lunch or dinner, and kids love them, too.
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- large lettuce leaves (Romaine or Iceberg)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- ranch dressing, for topping
- Add the chicken, onions, one celery stalk, garlic, buffalo wing sauce and broth to the Instant Pot.
- Lock the cover into place, and seal the steam nozzle.
- Select the poultry or manual setting for 15 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Serve in lettuce cups topped with buffalo chicken, chopped celery, shredded carrots, and ranch.
Please keep in mind that your pressure cooker may be different. I’ve read recommendations for up to 30 minutes for Buffalo Chicken, but that’s way too long in my Instant Pot, as the meat dries out quickly. Either set it for about 15 minutes, per the directions above or use a LOT more liquid. Trial and error are necessary evils when it comes to pressure cookers.
There you have it — a simple light lunch or dinner that tastes even better the next day. Well, it does if you can keep the meat for that long. It went quickly in our house!
If you enjoyed these Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, you may also enjoy: