As you know, we try to eat mostly low carb. When we first started, I thought that it would be difficult, but it’s totally not when you stick to simple low carb meals. Here are some tips and some of our favorite meals that are low in carbs and packed with flavor.
The most important thing is that you stock your refrigerator well. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of carb-friendly meals that you can buy premade. So you won’t need as many canned goods or boxes, because you’ll be buying fresh ingredients such as veggies, meats, some dairy and berries to start.
To see some of the low carb staples we keep on hand, click HERE.
Cutting your veggies ahead of time helps tremendously with meal prep and snacking. Our favorite veggies to keep on hand are cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and different types of lettuce. Cabbage is great for making slaw or adding some additional crunch to your salads.
The most important thing for me when low carbing is to have plenty of variety in my menu. If I eat the same foods week after week (which my husband doesn’t mind, actually), I get bored, and it’s easy for me to fall off the wagon. Cooking and experimenting with different recipes helps keep me interested, and it’s good for your body to get a lot of different nutrients, too.
Simple Low Carb Meals
Low Carb Breakfast Recipes:
- Breakfast Burrito with Sausage and Peppers
- Open-Faced Pizza Omelet
- Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
- Stuffed Pepper Omelet
- 15 Low Carb Breakfast Ideas
Low Carb Lunch Recipes:
Low Carb Dinner Recipes:
- Pizza Casserole
- Crock Pot Asian Pork Chops
- Ground Beef and Cauliflower Hash
- Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Meatloaf Muffins
- Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Chicken Bacon Skillet (skip the flour)
- Savory Riced Cauliflower
- Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
- 15 Time-Saving Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes
- 18 Must-Try Low Carb Mexican Recipes
- 30+ Low Carb Side Dishes
Low Carb Snacks and Appetizers:
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Turkey and Sausage Meatballs
- 50 Low Carb Snack Ideas
- 8 Carb-Conscious Desserts
- Reduced Sugar Peanut Butter Pie
- Low Carb Staples to Keep on Hand
And here are some of our favorite low carb cookbooks…