This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OreoCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
Every year, my family requests OREO Cookie Balls as THE homemade gift they’d like from me. This year, I thought I’d put a spin on the original recipe by rolling them in shredded coconut. The result? These beautiful Snowball OREO Cookie Balls.
Yep. Every single year, the one thing I absolutely cannot show up without is a batch of OREO cookie balls. The one year that I was too sick to make them (when I was pregnant, even!), our families were so disappointed. So this year, we’re getting a jumpstart on making and delivering these yummy treats to everyone on our list.
I usually use the original chocolate OREOs dipped in white chocolate, but I thought I’d try the Golden OREOs instead. I’ve gotta say, I LOVE the results. They’re just the right flavor to accompany the shredded coconut in this version.
So let’s make them already!
Snowball OREO Cookie Balls Recipe
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
As you can see, after dipping ours in white chocolate, we rolled them around in coconut. This is the only change from the original recipe above. You can compact the balls if you prefer smaller ones, but I wanted the effect of a “snowball”, so I left the coconut pretty loose. Don’t they look amazing?
I can honestly say they taste even better than they look!
I created this fun printable for you to attach to baggies of these yummy Snowball OREO Cookie Balls. It reads, “We hope your holidays are a flurry of fun!” Click here to download!
And here are the OREO cookie balls in a bag with our printable bag topper. Makes a cute gift for teachers. We’re letting our son give these to his cousins. They ask for OREO cookie balls every single year, and we think they’ll love this tasty twist!
For more holiday OREO Cookie Balls recipes, click here! And you can pick up your favorite flavor of OREOs at Walmart to make your own Snowball OREO Cookie Balls. You’ll find them in the cookie and cracker aisle, which, in our store, was right past the canned veggies.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Laundry Guide + Bathroom Cleaning Checklist for Teens - June 13, 2017
- 17 Fun Paper Plate Crafts for Summer - June 12, 2017
- 16 Campfire Recipes to Feed a Hungry Family - May 31, 2017