ABC Cookies for Back to School
Your kids will be so excited to find these ABC Cookies in their lunchboxes on the first day of school!
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup green chocolate melts
- white icing writer
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to sugar-butter mixture and mix for about 45 seconds.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
- Shape the dough into uniform balls, and place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for at least
- hours on a wire rack.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the green candy melts in the microwave for
- -40 seconds. Stir until completely melted. Do not overheat or the melts
- will get too hard.
- Spread the melted candy on each sugar cookie and let cool for at
- least 1 hour.
- Using an icing writing tube, draw writing lines on the cookies. Let set for 30 minutes.
- Using the icing writer, draw cursive letters on each cookie. Let
- set for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Glue Sticks and Gumdrops at https://gluesticksgumdrops.com/abc-cookies-for-back-to-school/