Butter and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
These thick, hearty butter and sour cream mashed potatoes are the ultimate in comfort food! They pair perfectly with your favorite meaty dishes.
- 3 pounds boiling potatoes, washed, but not peeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk (whole milk is best)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp. dried chives (or 1/4 c. fresh chopped chives)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cube potatoes and place them in a large pot. Bring to boiling and let boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Heat butter and milk in a small sauce pan, keeping it warm until the potatoes are done. Be careful not to let the milk and butter boil.
- Drain potatoes and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the potatoes, milk and butter until creamy.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Add kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with dried or fresh chives.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Glue Sticks and Gumdrops at https://gluesticksgumdrops.com/butter-and-sour-cream-mashed-potatoes/