Butter and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
These thick, hearty butter and sour cream mashed potatoes are the ultimate in comfort food! They pair perfectly with your favorite meaty dishes.
- 3 pounds boiling potatoes washed, but not peeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk whole milk is best
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp. dried chives or 1/4 c. fresh chopped chives
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Cube potatoes and place them in a large pot. Bring to boiling and let boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Heat butter and milk in a small sauce pan, keeping it warm until the potatoes are done. Be careful not to let the milk and butter boil.
Drain potatoes and put them in a large mixing bowl.
Use a hand mixer to beat the potatoes, milk and butter until creamy.
Fold in the sour cream.
Add kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
Garnish with dried or fresh chives.