This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGoldfish #CollectiveBias
Want to enjoy The Big Game together as a family? Make it fun for the kids! This Football Bingo game is the perfect way to get kids excited about your Game Day get together.
We love doing things together as a family, even if it’s something as simple as watching a football game together on TV. Every year we get together with some of our old college friends and our kids to watch The Big Game. But every year the kids seem a little, well, bored. They enjoy the yummy snacks like Goldfish® crackers (available at Target for 10% off bulk cartons), but their attention span quickly switches from the game to playing 20 questions with us about absolutely everything in the universe.
You know what I mean, moms!
This year, I’ve created these Big Game Bingo cards to get the kids in on the football action. It’s a little different from regular Bingo – more like a combination of Bingo and I Spy. Instead of using letters and numbers, these game cards are full of pictures and words about football. From footballs and players to cheerleaders and pom poms, the pictures and words are easy to recognize. That means kids of all ages can join in the fun!
Here’s how to play the game:
- Distribute a card to each child. We’ve made 4 versions so everyone has a different card. You don’t want everyone to BINGO all at once!
- Have the kids watch the game to “spy” words or pictures that they can mark off on their BINGO cards. For example, when their preferred team gets a touchdown, they’d mark the “touchdown” spot with a Goldfish cracker. If you prefer to just call out the spaces, cut up the BINGO calling cards, put them in a bowl to shuffle them around, and pull them out.
- The first person to get 5 in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally wins the round! The kids can play this again and again during the game for some fun prizes or snacks.
Tip: To make it even more fun, divide the kids into two teams: Team Cheddar and Team Pretzel! You can do this by purchasing the Goldfish Mix Xtra Cheddar/Pretzel 34 oz. Cartons at Target.
Playing with the Goldfish crackers just makes the game a little more fun because you can play and snack at the same time. Who doesn’t love that?
And when we buy Goldfish crackers, we have to buy in bulk. Kiddo loves them in his lunch or as an after-school snack. You can find the big cartons at Target in the back seasonal section, and in ours, the cartons are on the bottom shelf. Well, it’s easier just to show you!
Our current favorite is the Goldfish Mix Xtra Cheddar/Pretzel 34 oz. Carton (we all snack on these!), but we also purchased the Goldfish Cheddar 30 oz. Carton because those are the ones kiddo prefers to take to school.
Right now you can get them for 10% off using this Cartwheel coupon, so don’t forget to snag some for the kids for Game Day! And right now you can enter to win $5000 with your child by creating your own Goldfish Tales Animation Xperience at GoldfishSmiles.com.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 5 Things No One Tells You About Recovering from a C-Section - May 24, 2017
- Uncle Sam Paper Plate Craft - May 5, 2017
- 11 Tips to Get Through the First 2 Weeks of a Low Carb Diet - May 3, 2017