Gorgeous holiday chocolate pretzel bites make a wonderful homemade gift for family and friends or a yummy dessert to take to a Christmas party. They’re beautifully decorated and taste delicious. Since you only need a handful of ingredients, they’re also super easy to make. That’s a huge plus around the holidays!
Check out our Christmas Pretzels web story!
Why You’ll Love These Christmas Pretzel Bites
Who doesn’t love that classic sweet and salty combination? You can make these chocolate pretzels with your favorite bite-sized candy bars. My personal favorite are Milky Ways, but 3 Musketeers and Snickers are also terrific.
These holiday pretzel bites are:
- Easy to make
- A big hit at parties
- Very festive-looking
- Great for gift-giving
- Easily doubled or tripled for a crowd
- Simple to adapt to any holiday or color theme
Equipment Needed to Make Holiday Pretzel Bites
Here are some of the kitchen tools and materials you may need to make chocolate pretzel bites. The links are affiliate links.
Ingredients for Christmas Chocolate Pretzels
Grab these ingredients when you go shopping. For exact amounts and detailed instructions, jump to the recipe card below.
- Pretzel squares – make sure you get squares; they’re easier to work with and stay together easier
- White chocolate wafers (candy melts)
- Bite-sized candy bars – we like Milky Ways, 3 Musketeers, and Snickers
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles – red, green, and white look the most festive
How to Make Holiday Chocolate Pretzel Bites
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place pretzels on a parchment lined cookie sheet and add one bite-sized chocolate bar on top of each pretzel.
3. Place in oven for 4 minutes. Take out and immediately add a pretzel square to each one. Push down slightly.
4. Let chocolate harden before the next step.
5. Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip each pretzel sandwich into the chocolate about halfway. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles. Set back on the parchment paper and let dry!
Variations on This Christmas Pretzels Recipe
We’ve seen variations on this recipe using Hershey’s Kisses or Rolos between the pretzels.
If you’d like to make these for a different holiday, simply swap out the color of the candy melts and/or the sprinkles. For example, heart-shaped sprinkles will look lovely for Valentine’s Day.
How to Store Sweet and Salty Holiday Chocolate Pretzel Bites
Do these Chocolate Pretzels Need to Be Refrigerated?
No, they do not need to be refrigerated. As long as they’re kept at room temperature, they’ll be fine.
How to Store Chocolate Pretzel Bites
Keep them at room temperature in an airtight container.
Make sure you let the chocolate completely cool both from baking and from the dipping before storing these holiday pretzels.
Other Christmas Treats You’ll Love
Looking for more festive desserts and treats? Check out these recipes!
- Snowball OREO Cookie Balls
- 25 OREO Cookie Balls You Have to Try
- Easy Reindeer Brownies
- 17 Festive Reindeer Treats
- 50 Pretzel Squares
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Wafers
- Mini Candy Bars (Milky Way, Snickers, & 3 Musketeers)
- Assorted Christmas Sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pretzels on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and add one chocolate bar on top of each pretzel.
- Place in oven for 4 minutes. Remove and immediately add a pretzel square to the top of each one. Push down slightly.
- Let chocolate harden before the next step.
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to package directions. Dip each pretzel sandwich into the melted chocolate, coating it about halfway. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
- Set back on the parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
Allow the chocolate to dry and harden completely before storing the chocolate pretzel bites in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 735mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g