This double-sided Elmo and Grover ornament is based on the kiddo’s favorite book, Another Monster at the End of This Book.
This post contains affiliate links.
When we chose our book for the kid-made book-based ornament series, I hoped that my son would choose a really interesting story, but he went for his favorite book (this week, at least). Another Monster at the End of This Book stars Elmo and lovable furry old Grover. If you haven’t read that one, you’ve surely read The Monster at the End of This Book, which stars only Grover. They’re both fun stories.
Anyway, we made these double-sided ornaments out of canning lids… just the inner portion… and construction paper, glue and pom poms. They turned out pretty cute!
Materials for double-sided Elmo/Grover ornament:
- canning lids
- construction paper (blue and red)
- pom poms (orange and pink)
- school glue and/or hot glue
- Elmo face and Grover face (Yes, we cheated. I’m terrible at drawing faces.)
How to make it:
1. Cut out the Elmo and Grover faces linked above in the materials section. Leave the noses off unless you don’t have pom poms or if you just prefer the original noses.
2. Use the canning lid as a guide to cut red and blue circles out of the construction paper. Glue a circle to each side of the canning lid.
3. Start gluing the faces on each side using school glue or hot glue.
4. Attach the pom pom nose using a hot glue gun. It’s too heavy for the school glue, especially if your kiddo wants to pick it up to admire it right after he’s finished.
5. Do the same to the other side once the first side is dry. When everything is completely dry, attach a piece of yarn using hot glue between the construction paper and canning lid.
6. Hang on your tree to enjoy. You’re done!
This post is part of the 10 Days of Kid-Made Christmas series hosted at Mama Miss.
Find the awesome ornaments others have posted today below!
- Book of Kisses Christmas Tree Ornament by Zing Zing Tree
- Glitter Popcorn Ornaments by Sunny Day Family
- Fragrant Orange Pomander Ornaments by The Soccer Mom
- Paper Plate Baubles by Arty Crafty Kids
- Kid-Made Carpenter Tree Ornament by Bambini Travel
- Kids I-Spy Christmas Ornament by Craft Create Calm
- Icicle Bunting by Witty Hoots
- No Drama Ornaments by Books and Giggles
And check out the linky to find all of the ornaments posted in the series so far.
17 DIY Christmas Ornaments You and Your Kids Will Love to Make
Saturday 9th of December 2017
[…] Emoji Ornaments | Frugal Mom Eh! 16. DIY Bread Clay No Bake Ornaments | Fun at Home with Kids 17. Elmo & Grover Ornaments | Glue Sticks & […]
No Drama Ornaments for a Llama Drama Story – Books and Giggles
Friday 15th of April 2016
[…] Kid Made Carpenter Tree Ornament Glitter Popcorn Ornament Inspired by If You Take a Mouse to the Movies Fragrant Orange Pomander Ornaments How to Make Icicle Bunting Inspired by Here Comes Jack Frost Book of Kisses Christmas Tree Ornament Nana Upstairs, Nana Downstairs: Kid-Made Ornament Kids “I Spy” Christmas Ornament Craft Paper Plate Baubles Double-Sided Elmo and Grover Ornaments […]
10 Days Of Kid-Made Ornaments
Saturday 19th of December 2015
[…] Sticks & Gumdrops :: ANOTHER MONSTER AT THE END OF THIS BOOK […]
Thursday 10th of December 2015
Love them!! And those two books!
Wednesday 9th of December 2015
Super cute! Faces are hard to draw...lol!
Thursday 10th of December 2015
They are! I'm such a disaster at them.