This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
Whether you’re looking for an affordable baby shower gift or you’re a new mom on a budget, you’re going to love the Always My Baby brand of baby care products available exclusively at Food Lion. This simple storybook diaper cake makes the perfect baby shower gift. It combines the practical (and often much-needed) gift of diapers with classic books that the new mom and baby will treasure for years to come.
Affordable Baby Care Products
Being a new mom is tough. When my son was a baby, I worried about every little thing, particularly the products we used in his daily care. It wasn’t always easy finding products that were a good value but also high quality. If you’re experiencing the same struggle, you’ll love the Always My Baby line at Food Lion.
As any busy mom knows, being able to toss diapers and wipes into your cart while you’re grocery shopping (without spending an arm and a leg on national brands) makes life so much easier! And in case you didn’t know, at Food Lion, private brand items have a double your money back guarantee, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying them. For More Information about Food Lion’s Private Brand labels click here.
As you can see in the picture below, the wipes are nice and thick. I like that they’re offered in both scented and unscented, and both are hypoallergenic and alcohol-free. My son had skin sensitivities as a baby, and we stuck to unscented baby products whenever possible.
In addition to diapers and wipes, the Always My Baby line also includes baby food at prices moms will love and a taste that babies love.
How to Make a Storybook Diaper Cake
I’ll be honest… super crafty diaper cakes are outside my wheelhouse. I’ve tried to make them before, and they always come out a huge flop. However, since I found the storybook diaper cake idea, I’ve stuck with this method with lots of success. What makes it so great?
- No complicated designs! You literally alternate a book or two with stacks of diapers to create a small tower of books and diapers.
- You can make it as small or as big as you’d like.
- It’s way easier to transport.
- It’s an affordable and meaningful gift for both baby and mother.
So, how do you make it?
- Stack a favorite storybook or two on top of ribbons placed to wrap around all sides. You’ll want to make sure all the books are relatively the same size if you want to keep it nice and simple.
- Add a row or two (or three) of diapers.
- Stack another book or two on top.
- Continue alternating book and diaper layers until the storybook diaper cake is as big as you’d like.
- Tie the ribbons in the middle, and either create a bow with the ribbon tails or add a separate bow on top.
You’re done! However, if you are worried about the diapers slipping out during travel, you can use double-sided tape between layers to keep it all together. Personally, I’ve never had to do this, as I put the diaper cake in a box of nearly the same size in order to transport it.
Don’t you think the dots and stripes pattern on the diapers is adorable? Click to learn more about the Always My Baby brand.
Have another easy diaper cake idea? Share it with us in the comments!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Get Your Free Ultimate Christmas Planning Bundle - October 23, 2019
- 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Dust Bunnies - October 15, 2019
- 15 Easy and Fun Thanksgiving Kids Crafts and Activities - October 14, 2019