Muffins have been one of my favorite breakfasts for as long as I can remember. The smell of muffins baking reminds me of my mom… good memories! She made strawberry, banana and blueberry muffins most often, and my personal favorite is still blueberry. But, since I’ve grown up, I’ve come to enjoy other types of muffins, too. These oatmeal raisin muffins taste like a dense, moist oatmeal raisin cookie with a hint of maple flavor. My son and husband gobbled them up quickly. I hope you like them, too!
Now, here’s the recipe:
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1 c. self-rising flour
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- ½ c. applesauce
- ½ tsp. maple extract
- ½ c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Mix in quick oats, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, and mix in milk, applesauce and maple extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and then add the raisins. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
For more delicious recipes featuring raisins for National Raisin Week, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Raisin Cinnamon Swirl French Toast by Adventures in All Things Food
- Chewy, Delicious Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies by Our Family World
- Carrot Raisin Salad by Thrifty Jinxy
- Make a Simple Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Day by Day in Our World
- Orange Raisin Muffins with Orange Glaze by Mom Does it All
- Chai Raisin Donuts by Upstate Ramblings
- Baby Kale and Raisin Salad by Better in Bulk
- Oatmeal Raisin Apple Muffins by My Sweet Sanity
- Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe – Sneak Fruits & Veggies in for Your Kids! by Frugal Novice
For more yummy breakfast recipes from Wife Mom Geek, check out the posts below!