Winter makes me crave comfort food, and one of my favorite cold-weather dishes is chili. Normally I make ours with beef, but we tried it with turkey this time since that’s what we had on hand, and I like it even better. If it’s cold and blustery where you live, cook up a pot of this tasty Turkey Corn Chili for dinner tonight!
Note: For you chili purists who don’t like beans or corn in your chili, you can make this dish without them. Just double the meat, add another can of tomatoes, and allow the liquid to cook down a little more.
The ingredients (most of them, anyway): Ground turkey, onion, red pepper flakes, ground cumin, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, beef broth, chili powder, black pepper, salt, pinto beans and cayenne pepper.
And here’s the recipe!
Tasty Turkey Corn Chili
This turkey corn chili is made with ground turkey, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes and spices. It's the perfect dish on a cold day. Serve it with cheese, sour cream and a big slice of cornbread.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup
- 3 cups beef or chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans pinto beans
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, the ground turkey, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. cumin and the onion to a soup pot. Cook over medium heat until the turkey is browned and the onions are soft. Drain off most of the grease.
- Pour in the tomato soup, broth and diced tomatoes. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans, corn, 1 tsp. cumin and a dash of cayenne pepper to the pot. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
For a thicker chili, allow the liquid to cook down. Serve with shredded cheddar and sour cream.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 10 Thanksgiving Traditions to Start With Your Family This Year - October 18, 2018
- 10 Fun and Romantic Summer Date Ideas on a Budget - April 28, 2017
- Sports Valentines Printables – Candy Free Valentine’s Day Ideas - February 7, 2016