Our kiddo will be attending school for the first time this year for two days a week. Eek! This nervous mama is looking for easy snacks to put in his lunchbox and to give him after school until dinner is ready. These easy homemade granola bars with M&Ms and raisins are the perfect solution.
I love that you can easily change out the ingredients. Chocolate chips would be tasty if you don’t have M&Ms on hand. Substitute other dried fruits in for raisins if you’re not a fan of those. For example, apricots, currants or cherries would taste amazing! Oh, and don’t forget about cranberries during November and December.
Here’s how you can make your own granola bars using this super simple recipe.
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- ½ cup mini M&Ms
- ⅔ cup raisins
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and mix until well-combined.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 pan and press down firmly and evenly with a spatula.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
If you’re looking for more easy after school snacks, you can’t beat these peanut butter and banana bites. (We also enjoy Nutella and bananas.) My kiddo gobbles these up, and I admit, I do, too. What’s your child’s favorite snack?
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Green Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe - July 26, 2017
- 14 First Day of School Traditions to Get Kids Excited - July 24, 2017
- 11 Fall Porch Decorating Tips for a Gorgeous Autumn Display - July 21, 2017