Hi there, my name is Cynthia and I write a blog called Feeding Big. I write about easy, quick and frugal recipes. Of course, I also love to share other things like travel, sewing and living a frugal life. I want to thank Donella for giving me an opportunity to write for her.
My daughter was pretty hung up on those little frozen pizza bites. I kept bags of them in the freezer and when she and her friends got hungry I knew they would tide them over for an hour or so. Although my daughter and her friends loved the frozen bites, I was not so sure I was happy with what went in them. I do my best to stay away from ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
Imagine how happy I was when I found the recipe for homemade pepperoni bites. I knew my daughter and her friends would love them. I made a couple changes to the original recipe (don’t ask me where I got it, I really can’t remember!). The original recipe called for mozzarella and I while I am fan of mozzarella, I prefer a 4 cheese blend. One of the great things about this recipe is that you can make a few changes to please your family.
4 Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup pepperoni cut in 1/4's
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and Italian Seasonings. Whisk till combined.
- Add milk and egg. Stir until just combined. Stir in cheese and pepperoni. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray cups of mini muffin baking pan with oil. Using a tablespoon, spoon batter in pan.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown.
4 cheese pepperoni pizza bites can be made geared to your families liking. Here are a few things I have added:
- Chopped black olives
- Chopped mushrooms
- Italian Sausage, cooked
- Hamburger, cooked
We are a family who loves to play games and a snack like this is perfect for game night. I always make sure I have small bowls of pizza sauce or other dips for the bites. My daughter loves to dip hers in ranch dressing. So far, I have never had a friend try these that hasn’t loved them. My Mom even takes them to her gardening club meetings and they all love them.
I hope you do too!