Living the low carb lifestyle can be difficult. I’ve tried before with my husband, and I think that most of my problem is that I didn’t try a variety of foods, and I didn’t keep low-carb snacks on hand. Now I have no excuse! I’ve compiled this HUGE list of 50 low carb snacks ideas to help all of us. And the good news is that most of these require very little prep or cooking at all. They’re easy peasy snacks you can whip up in just a few minutes, with a few exceptions. Having these items on hand will also help you make simple low carb meals, too.
This post was updated on 10/19/2019.
Please keep in mind that, as with all foods, you need to watch your portions. Things like nuts, sugar-free chocolates and berries are easy to indulge in when you’re low carbing, but you need to portion them out before you start snacking to avoid eating too much.
Also, I’ve had a few complaints that some of these foods aren’t truly low carb. That is actually a matter of which plan you’re following.
If you’re following an early phase of Atkins, for example, and you need to stay under 20 net carbs a day, some of these low carb snacks won’t fit into your plan. However, people like my mother-in-law (who’s a diabetic), limits carbs, but perhaps within 80-100 carbs a day.
So, in that way, “low carb” is a little subjective. No matter what your carb count goal is for the day, though, I believe you’ll find something here to nosh on when you get hungry.
Here’s the low carb snacks list. Print it out for easy reference. You can also pin it for later.
- hard boiled eggs
- peanut butter and celery
- carrot sticks and hummus
- ham and cream cheese rollups
- pork rinds
- cottage cheese and raspberries
- string cheese
- sunflower seeds
- pepperoni slices and cheese cubes
- stuffed mushrooms
- turkey and Swiss cheese rollups
- baked Parmesan crisps
- bacon slices
- beef or turkey jerky
- bacon and cream cheese bites
- pickles and cheddar cheese slices
- bacon, lettuce and tomato wraps (BLTs)
- tuna and lettuce wraps
- asparagus and bacon bundles
- plain, full fat yogurt
- cucumbers and ranch dip
- berries (strawberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- lunch meats
- sugar-free chocolate
- tuna on tomato slices
- shredded cheddar baked crisps
- pepperoni sticks
- zucchini pizzas (toppings on baked zucchini slices)
- cauliflower and ranch dip
- broccoli and cheese dip
- avocado slices
- edamame, roasted
- tuna on cucumber slices
- veggies and guacamole
- jalapeno and cream cheese poppers
- little smokies
- zucchini topped with bacon and cheddar
- zucchini chips
- cucumber sandwiches
- bacon-wrapped chicken bites
- green pepper halves stuffed with pizza toppings
- green pepper halves stuffed with philly cheesesteak
- celery and cottage cheese
- celery and cream cheese
- bacon-wrapped artichoke hearts
- cauliflower crisps (smashed and baked cauliflower)
- deviled eggs
- egg salad wrapped in lettuce
If you liked this list of 50 Low Carb Snack Ideas, you’ll also enjoy these posts: