Want a refreshing dip for your next get-together? Tired of the same old salsa recipe? Have we got an amazing version for you! This cantaloupe lime salsa is fruity, refreshing and has the right amount of heat to jump-start your taste buds.
Cantaloupe Lime Salsa Recipe
If you’ve never tried a melon-based salsa, you’re in for a real treat. This is seriously the best salsa ever (though I admit, I’m biased). It’s super easy to make, and it goes fast, so make more than you need. I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe for a large party. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, so there’s just no way it won’t get eaten.
This salsa recipe is thick and chunky, so I recommend serving it with the scoop-style tortilla chips just to make it easier to scoop up a lot with each bite. You know what else this salsa pairs well with? Fish! Serve it alongside some grilled shrimp or any mild-flavored fish, and your guests will gobble it up.
Here’s the recipe for Cantaloupe Lime Salsa. While you can use canned tomatoes, I really recommend fresh ones. Canned tomatoes make it a little runny, and it seems to break down faster in the fridge. Plus, the chunky fruits and veggies just look nicer, don’t you agree?
Cantaloupe Lime Salsa
- 1/2 large cantaloupe-diced
- 2 large tomatoes-diced
- 1/4 red onion-diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño – seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro- chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add the cantaloupe, tomatoes, red onion and jalapeno to serving bowl. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Just before serving, add the lime and orange juice.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and gently toss.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated after serving up to 48 hours.
Try our Creamy Cantaloupe Smoothie on our new smoothie blog, Daily Smoothie!