Mac and cheese is our family’s favorite comfort food. My husband requests it for every holiday dinner, and though I’ve always been able to get a good flavor, the clumpiness drove me crazy. After trying for years to get it right (oven recipes, stove-top recipes and several attempts at a crock pot version), I’ve finally nailed it. Here’s our version of Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese.
Note: This crock pot recipe is a little heavy on the sour cream flavor, but that’s how our family likes it. It’s based off of my friend Jessi’s recipe, with a few modifications. You can probably reduce the sour cream and add another can of cheddar cheese soup with the same effect.
Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
This creamy, cheesy mac and choose is packed with cheesy flavor and goodness.
- 16 oz. box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Boil macaroni in water for 6 minutes. Drain and add to crock pot.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and 4 cups of cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Add the melted cheese, the unmelted sharp cheddar, sour cream, soup, evaporated milk, salt and pepper to the crock pot.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cook on low for two hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission at no additional cost to you if you sign up and/or make a purchase. I only recommend products that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands. For more details, read my full disclosure.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 10 Thanksgiving Traditions to Start With Your Family This Year - October 20, 2019
- 50 Low Carb Snack Ideas for When You Get the Munchies - October 19, 2019
- 10 Ways to Celebrate St. Nicholas Day - October 19, 2019