Mac and cheese is our family’s favorite comfort food. My husband requests it for every holiday dinner, and though I’ve always been able to get a good flavor, the clumpiness drove me crazy. After trying for years to get it right (oven recipes, stove-top recipes and several attempts at a crock pot version), I’ve finally nailed it. Here’s our version of Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese.
Note: This crock pot recipe is a little heavy on the sour cream flavor, but that’s how our family likes it. It’s based off of my friend Jessi’s recipe, with a few modifications. You can probably reduce the sour cream and add another can of cheddar cheese soup with the same effect.
Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz. box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Boil macaroni in water for 6 minutes. Drain and add to crock pot.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and 4 cups of cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Add the melted cheese, the unmelted sharp cheddar, sour cream, soup, evaporated milk, salt and pepper to the crock pot.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cook on low for two hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission at no additional cost to you if you sign up and/or make a purchase. I only recommend products that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands. For more details, read my full disclosure.
19 Potluck Recipes to Feed a Hungry Crowd - Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
Monday 19th of June 2017
[…] Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese – Glue Sticks & Gumdrops […]
Crockpot Side Dishes | The Gracious Wife
Sunday 25th of October 2015
[…] Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese from Glue Sticks and […]
Amazing Cheesy Recipes - House of Fauci's
Thursday 16th of April 2015
[…] Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese […]
Julia @ Swirls and Spice
Friday 6th of March 2015
What a great way to have homemade mac and cheese ready to go!
Thursday 5th of March 2015
Oh wow, that looks so good!! I don't know if our son would let us have any, though. Might eat the whole thing!! :) Pinned it!