I don’t know about you, but I have super dry skin. Seriously dry… It’s bad. But one thing that keeps the flakiness at bay is a good body scrub. Rather than paying for a scrub at the store (with who knows what kind of ingredients), I prefer to make my own. This Lime Salt Scrub is a refreshing, great-smelling scrub that will have your skin soft and buffed every time you use it.
And it’s so easy to make! Here’s what you need!
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- Grated lime peel
- Add half a cup of kosher salt to a small bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp. lime juice and 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until combined. It should still be gritty–if it’s too runny, add more salt.
- Grate the rind of half a lime into the mixture.
- Store in an airtight jar.
And that’s it! Easy, right?
As you can see, my lime rind didn’t grate very well. It was too thin. Thick rinds work much better. If you prefer to use sugar in your scrubs, that’ll work just fine for this recipe, too. Raw sugar is chunkier, and it provides a better texture.
I didn’t have any pretty mason jars on hand–at least not any small ones. I used a baby food jar instead, and this recipe makes just enough of the lime salt scrub to fill a baby food jar.
Tie some raffia around the rim, and you’re good to go!
Want to read more posts like this? Sign up for my newsletter. It’s sent once a week, and at least once a month, you’ll get handy dandy free printables to help you get and stay organized.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 10 Thanksgiving Traditions to Start With Your Family This Year - November 13, 2017
- 10 Fun and Romantic Summer Date Ideas on a Budget - April 28, 2017
- Sports Valentines Printables – Candy Free Valentine’s Day Ideas - February 7, 2016