It’s almost dinner time. You need to get something on the table soon, but you’re not in the mood for a complicated meal. It needs to be family-friendly, and more than that, it needs to be low carb to fit in with your dietary needs. That may seem like a tall order to fill, but in reality, it’s going to be easier than you think.
This easy, cheesy low carb chicken and broccoli bake is a total winner, winner chicken dinner.
Yes, even the kids will like this dish because it’s chock full of chicken and cheese (and shhhh… veggies, too). What’s not to love?
Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli Casserole for an Easy Dinner
More times than I can count, I’ve looked for a low carb recipe to make hubby a quick meal (hopefully with some leftovers for lunch the next day), but I’m stunned when I look at the ingredients.
Listen, we live in a small town. Super small.
We don’t have health food markets that sell special low carb ingredients. In fact, the nearest health food store is more than an hour away.
I need something I can make with simple ingredients that I ideally already have on hand or can grab quickly from the local grocery.
That’s why I love simple recipes like this low carb chicken and broccoli bake.
Here are the ingredients for the Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli Casserole:
Just mix all the ingredients together, pour into a baking dish, and bake.
Simple, right? I almost always have everything on this list on hand.
So if you do, too, grab a big mixing bowl, preheat that oven to 350, and let’s get started making this yummy casserole.
Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Click on the recipe below for a printable version of this low carb chicken and broccoli dish. Trust me, you’ll want to save this simple low carb meal for later!
Cheesy Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- 2 C. cooked diced chicken I typically use leftover baked chicken OR rotisserie chicken
- 1 C. steamed broccoli florets
- 4 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the chicken, broccoli florets, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please pin this post to save and share it! We also love comments on any changes/improvements you’ve made to it.
For more easy dinner ideas, check out the following low carb recipes:
This Low Carb Texas Hash is a carb-conscious take on a classicly easy meal!
This Low Carb Pizza Casserole can be made in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. So easy. So good!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 14 First Day of School Traditions to Get Kids Excited About School - July 9, 2019
- Easy 3-Ingredient Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Body Scrub - June 17, 2019
- How to Clean a Glass Stove Top with Ingredients From Your Cupboard - May 28, 2019