I love a good Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Unfortunately, all that bread (warm, delicious bread…) isn’t very carb-friendly. The good news is that you can throw just about anything into an omelet for a low carb option. Here’s the low-down on how to make your own yummy, cheesy Philly cheesesteak omelet (and yes, it’s one word).
First, cook up some peppers and onions in a little butter. You do have peppers and onions on hand, right? They’re essentials for cooking simple low carb meals. It doesn’t matter how much. Can you ever have too much sauteed onions and peppers? No. No, you cannot. So, just slice them, toss them in the pan and enjoy that yummy smell as they cook.
Meanwhile, tear apart some roast beef. Yeah, I didn’t have any steak on hand…or any “real” roast beef, so I use the deli stuff. It’s not bad; I promise. After you tear it up, toss it into the pan to get it nice and hot with the veggies. You can put your provolone cheese on the meat and veggies at this point if you’d like. I wait for the next step.
Beat three eggs together and pour them in a pan sprayed with Pam. Let the bottom firm up, and then flip it. Immediately remove the pan from the heat, top half of the eggs with your meat and veggies and put lots of provolone slices on top. And then add more veggies if you dig onions and peppers as much as I do.
Cover the pan with a lid for a minute while the bottom of egg cooks a little more. No more than a minute though. As you can see, mine got a little overcooked. Oh well. Still delicious. Then, just fold it in half and enjoy. Yum, yum.
Easy, right? You can have a hearty breakfast in about 10 minutes. It’s super filling.
Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
Get all the deliciousness of the sandwich in a carb-friendly omelet. This Philly cheesesteak omelet is sure to fill you up in the morning.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 slices roast beef, torn into pieces
- 2-3 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Saute onions and peppers in butter. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add roast beef with veggies. Cook until meat starts to get a little brown on the edges.
- Pour beaten eggs into skillet sprayed with cooking oil. Cook eggs until firm on bottom.
- Flip omelet, remove from heat, and add veggies and meat to half of the omelet.
- Cover skillet with lid for one minute to allow cheese to melt.
- Slide omelet into a plate and fold over.
For more omelet recipes, check out my pizza omelet and stuffed pepper omelet below. Told you I’m crazy for omelets!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 10 Thanksgiving Traditions to Start With Your Family This Year - November 13, 2017
- 10 Fun and Romantic Summer Date Ideas on a Budget - April 28, 2017
- Sports Valentines Printables – Candy Free Valentine’s Day Ideas - February 7, 2016