Thanks to Pop Secret for sponsoring today’s post and reminding us all to enjoy the simple things in life, like a love seat pillow fort and a big bowl of fluffy popcorn.
The weather has been cold and snowy lately, so we’ve been getting creative with our activities and our snacks (like popcorn) to make the indoors more fun. As a kid, one of my favorite indoor activities was making forts with my little brothers. And, to this day, it’s one of my go-to activities with my son.
The thing is, we have a HUGE German shepherd who’d quickly overturn any pillow forts built between chairs. We build ours on the love seat instead, and it’s the perfect size for our little man.
Pop up a bag of popcorn, and get to work building your own fort. (Psst – For you bargain hunters, you can get a $1 coupon for Pop Secret right now!)
How to build a pillow fort in 9 easy steps:
- Reminisce about how clean your love seat used to be before you had kids.
- Remove the cushions from the bottom and the back of the love seat.
- Pad the bottom with sleeping bags, blankets and pillows.
- Stand the bottom cushions up at both ends so that the tallest point of the cushion is at the top.
- Put one or two of the back cushions upright at the back of the love seat to make it taller there.
- Cover the love seat with a large queen or king-sized comforter, draping the comforter over the tallest points.
- Secure the comforter at the back by draping it between the love seat and the wall or putting it behind a cushion in the back.
- Sit back and watch your child turn an ordinary fort into a magical place.
- Submit pictures of your fort to the Pop Secret Facebook page for a chance to win cool prizes.
We added some candy into the mix, too. There’s nothing quite like that sweet/salty combination of popcorn and chocolate!
Our son first pretended he was Batman in the Bat Cave (hence the pajamas). He then decided that he was Agent P (a platypus) in his lair.
He snacked on his Pop Secret popcorn, watched his favorite TV show (Phineas and Ferb), and pretended to call his grandma on his Elmo phone to tell her about his fort and snack. He also gave me this look when I tried to grab a handful of his popcorn.
What’s your favorite way to build a fort? Pop Secret wants to see your awesome pillow forts on their Facebook page. And while you’re there, download the $1 coupon to get some buttery, fluffy popcorn of your own.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 10 Thanksgiving Traditions to Start With Your Family This Year - October 18, 2018
- 10 Fun and Romantic Summer Date Ideas on a Budget - April 28, 2017
- Sports Valentines Printables – Candy Free Valentine’s Day Ideas - February 7, 2016