We’re still on our smoothie kick, and this week we have two yummy recipes coming at you! The first one is this yummy tropical smoothie made with bananas, pineapple juice and fresh coconut. It’s seriously tasty. Want to make your own banana pineapple coconut smoothie? Let’s get to the recipe!
Wait… First, let’s talk about the coconut. My super helpful hubby ran to the grocery store for me the other day, and coconut was certainly on the list. I’m fairly certain he’s only ever seen me use shredded coconut, so imagine my surprise when he came home with a fresh one. And let me tell you, they’re a lot of work.
But the fresh coconut flesh and the toasted coconut for the top made this smoothie super yummy, I have to admit.
After draining the coconut, I broke it open, and dug out the flesh. I shredded some of it, but then I got lazy and used slivers and chunks for the rest. Still delicious. Bake the shredded coconut at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or so to toast it. Or buy the shredded stuff and do the same.
Here’s the rest of the recipe. Drink up! The kids will love it.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- ½ c. coconut water
- ¼ c. coconut flesh (optional)
- ½ c. vanilla yogurt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. ice
- Add ingredients to blender.
- Pulse for about two minutes, until ice is smooth and mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
For more smoothie goodness, check out the peanut butter and banana “Minion Smoothie” below!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Green Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe - July 26, 2017
- 14 First Day of School Traditions to Get Kids Excited - July 24, 2017
- 11 Fall Porch Decorating Tips for a Gorgeous Autumn Display - July 21, 2017