Plant-Based Black Bean and Corn ChiliThis plant-based black bean and corn chili recipe is one of our favorites. We’ve had it at least every other week since we’ve started plant-based eating. We may not have it as much during the summer… or then again we may… since I’m sure you can easily pop all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it simmer all day rather than heating up your kitchen using the stove. Hmm… something to think about. This recipe is kid-friendly as is, but you can make it even more so by serving it with homemade corn tortilla chips and fun toppings like diced tomatoes, diced green onions, and plant-based sour cream.
Black Bean and Corn Chili RecipeFor a printable list of ingredients and directions for this black bean and corn chili recipe, just click on the “print recipe” button below. We’d also love it if you pinned the image below to save it to Pinterest for later!
If you’re looking for more plant-based and vegan recipes, which we will occasionally feature on this site now, check out the posts below!
EASY VEGAN BLACK BEAN AND CORN CHILI
This black bean and corn chili is thick, hearty, and packed with flavor. Get dinner on the table in about 30-40 minutes! It’s plant-based and vegan-friendly.
Servings: 6 servings
- Add onions and peppers to pot and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn to the pot along with the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika.
- Heat until veggies are cooked through and extra liquid is cooked out, about 25-30 minutes, usually.
If you like your chili soupy, don’t cook it as long. If you prefer a thick chili with little liquid, cook for about 25-35 minutes, or until the extra liquid has cooked off.
- For a delicious, nutritious and sweet breakfast, try this yummy Baked Strawberry Oatmeal.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies are just the ticket when your sweet tooth is aching!
Hi! I'm Donella. Welcome to Glue Sticks and Gumdrops, where I blog about crafts for kids, kid-friendly recipes, and meals for families with a bit of parenting and party ideas sprinkled in. I am a mom to one amazing (and active) little boy, and I'm married to a deputy. As you can imagine, our lives are hectic, but sitting down to a family meal or making a craft together is our way of connecting with each other.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Get Your Free Ultimate Christmas Planning Bundle - October 23, 2019
- 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Dust Bunnies - October 15, 2019
- 15 Easy and Fun Thanksgiving Kids Crafts and Activities - October 14, 2019