This dinosaur bento lunch is sure to be a big hit with your kids. With cheese, veggies and fruit, it’s a healthy and fun option for a lunch or snack.
This dinosaur bento lunch comes from a contributor, Carla, and I just love it! The cheese and apple dinosaurs are just too cute. I loved dinosaurs as a kid, and my little guy seems to be following suit. Who doesn’t like dinosaurs, am I right?
In addition to the cheese and apple dinosaurs, you’ll find other yummy additions like celery, peanut butter, pretzels and more. Heck, this is a lunch that I’d love even as an adult. And unlike all those sugary or pre-packaged snacks, you can feel good about serving this one to your kids.
What you need to make a dinosaur bento:
- Peanut butter
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Baby spinach leaves
- Black olives (or grapes if your kid doesn’t like olives)
- Pretzel sticks
- Baby carrots
- Cupcake liners (paper or silicone)
- Dinosaur cookie cutter
How to make a dinosaur bento lunch:
1. Use the cookie cutters to cut dinosaur shapes into the cheese and apple slices. (Tip: To keep the apple slices from turning brown, add them to a bowl of lemon juice and water for a few minutes and then pat them dry.)
2. Spread peanut butter on celery stalks, and place dinosaurs in the peanut butter.
3. Place a few spinach leaves in each cupcake holder with your cheese and apple cut outs. Broccoli would be a cute option, too. They’d look like little trees!
4. Place pretzel sticks in a cupcake liner along with carrots and olives (or grapes or blueberries).
What is your child’s favorite lunch for school (or at home)? For another kid-friendly lunch option, try our 4-Cheese Pepperoni Bites. Even teens will love those, and they’re great for when you need a grab-and-go snack.
Homemade granola bars make a nice addition to your child’s lunchbox, too.
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Easy Vegan Black Bean and Corn Chili - March 12, 2019
- Baked Strawberry Oatmeal – Vegan and Plant Based - March 7, 2019
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies – Vegan - March 1, 2019