Are you looking for a pre-packaged Valentine’s Day snack for your child’s class party? These love bug snack cups are a super cute and super easy option! You can use strawberry gel fruit cups as pictured here, strawberry applesauce, or strawberry pudding! Either way, you’ll get a cute little treat to hand out on Valentine’s Day. These would make adorable gifts for friends, neighbors, or to put in your hubby’s lunchbox, too!
Pre-packaged Snack Idea for Valentine’s Day: Love Bug Cups
Most classrooms these days require pre-packaged snacks for the safety of the children. There may be food allergies or other concerns with homemade treats, so that’s understandable. Check with the teacher first to make sure there are no allergies to the product you plan to use for your love bug (fruit-gel cups, applesauce, or pudding).
So, let’s get started making these little snacks. Here’s what you’ll need.
Items needed for Pre-Packaged Love Bug Snacks:
- 12 Dole Pineapple in Sugar-Free Strawberry Gel Fruit Cups
- 12 Sparkle Pipe Cleaners cut in half to make 24
- 1.3″ Pom Poms for ends of Pipe Cleaners
- 12 1/2″ Pom Poms for nose
- 24 Googly eyes in assorted sizes
- Pink foam hearts to create 24 heart-shaped feet
- Hot glue sticks
- Hot glue gun
Note: I have found most of the items listed (except the fruit cups) at my local Dollar Tree, but if you’re the online shopping type, the Amazon links above will get you everything you need to make these love bug snacks.
Instructions for Fruit Cup Love Bug Snacks:
1. Heat the hot glue gun. Glue the sparkly pom-poms to the end of the pipe cleaners to make the love bug antennae.
2. Next, turn the fruit cup upside down and glue the googly eyes and smallest pom-pom, creating a face on fruit cup.
3. Glue two foam hearts to the bottom of the fruit cup to create feet.
4. Finish off your love bug by giving him ears, hot glue the antennae to the back of the fruit cup.
These are perfect for class parties and are super fun to make and to eat! Your kids will love making them for their friends and classmates.
If you make these love bug cups with your kids, we’d love to see the pictures! Tag us at @gluesticksgumdrops on Instagram!
And if you need more Valentine’s Day snacks for the kids, don’t miss our Tic Tac Toe snacks. It’s a game and a snack in one!