To be successful on a low carb diet, you need quick dinner ideas to make preparing your foods as painless as possible. You can make this low carb sausage and cauliflower casserole in under 30 minutes to have dinner on the table in no time flat. No fancy ingredients that you have to buy at the health food store… and nothing that you don’t already have in your home if you’re low carbing. What could be better than that?
Low Carb Sausage and Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
When my husband is watching his carbs, it’s essential that dinner ideas are as quick and painless as possible. We are so busy that dedicating an hour or more to making dinner during the week is usually an impossibility. That’s why I love quick low carb meals like this… Even if you’re starving, you can fix this quickly enough to stave off the temptation to go through a drive-thru somewhere.
And you know what’s better than a quick low carb dinner? One that the whole family will eat. Yep, this low carb sausage and cauliflower casserole is even kid-friendly. Our son thinks the cauliflower tastes like potatoes in this recipe, so we have to trouble getting him to eat it. It’s packed with veggies, too, so that’s a major plus! Topped with shredded cheddar cheese or eaten as is, I think you’ll really enjoy this simple low carb meal.
While you can use fresh cauliflower for this recipe if you’d like, I honestly use frozen cauliflower pieces. You could also use riced cauliflower if you’d like smaller cauliflower pieces. But this works for us, and using the frozen cauliflower is just so convenient. You don’t even need to defrost it first!
Oh, and to keep it kid-friendly, we use mild sausage. You can certainly use hot sausage if you want to up the spice factor. Totally yummy either way.
But let’s get to the recipe, and you can judge for yourself.
Low Carb Sausage and Cauliflower Casserole
Yield 4 servings
Looking for a quick low carb meal? Try this super simple low carb sausage and cauliflower casserole. Use mild sausage for just a little spice, or kick it up a notch with hot sausage. It's a yummy and versatile way to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 lb. mild pork sausage (or hot sausage)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 med. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen cauliflower florets, chopped small
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook sausage, cumin and garlic powder together in large skillet until sausage is browned. Drain.
- Return sausage to skillet, adding onions and green peppers. Saute until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Stir in cauliflower, and cook 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Find even more recipes on my Low Carb Recipes Pinterest board!
For more easy low carb dinners, check out these recipes:
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- 14 First Day of School Traditions to Get Kids Excited About School - July 9, 2019
- Easy 3-Ingredient Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Body Scrub - June 17, 2019
- How to Clean a Glass Stove Top with Ingredients From Your Cupboard - May 28, 2019