These snowman popsicle stick ornaments will look adorable on your tree this year! You can also leave the ribbon and beads off to use them as winter bookmarks instead. This is an easy craft for preschoolers!
We’ve been making lots of ornaments this month, and one of our favorites has been these easy (and cute!) popsicle stick snowman ornaments. Once the sticks are painted, you can pull this craft together in just a few minutes, making it perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. I don’t know about your kiddos, but mine can’t sit still longer than about 15 minutes to finish a craft. This ornament fits the bill perfectly.
So let’s get started! Here’s what you’ll need:
Materials for the Snowman Popsicle Stick Ornaments
- Craft Sticks (Popsicle Sticks)
- Construction paper or foam sheets
- Pony beads
- Black Sharpie
- White acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun or school glue
- String or ribbon
How to Make a Snowman Popsicle Stick Ornament
1. Paint your craft stick white using acrylic paint. Allow about an hour of drying time.
2. Using construction paper or foam sheets, cut out the shapes for the nose and the hat. Glue them to the craft stick.
3. Draw the snowman’s eyes and mouth.
4. Using foam sheets or construction paper, cut out a strip for the scarf. Fold it in half, and cut a triangle out of the ends to give it a pointy look. Glue the scarf and beads on, preferably with a hot glue gun.
5. After the glue is dry, glue a string or ribbon to the back of the snowman ornaments to hang them on the tree.
For more popsicle stick Christmas ornaments, check out our popsicle stick Christmas trees!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Low Carb Salsa Verde Pork Chops - June 23, 2018
- 4 Easy Tips to Establish a Summer Routine with Kids - June 22, 2018
- Layered Smores Cupcake Recipe - June 21, 2018