With both Memorial Day and the 4th of July coming up, we’ve been into patriotic kids crafts, particularly ideas we can start as 4th of July traditions. And this Uncle Sam Paper Plate Craft certainly fits the bill! You probably have everything you need at home – paper plates, googly eyes, construction paper and felt. And if you don’t have felt, white construction paper or cotton can easily be substituted for the mustache and beard.
The thing I love about paper plate crafts is that we always have some disposable plates on hand. Even if we don’t have white ones, we can just flip the colored ones over to use the white side. Easy peasy. Make this Uncle Sam craft and hang it on your door for some patriotic flair this 4th of July!
Let’s start creating… here’s what you’ll need.
Uncle Sam Paper Plate Craft
Materials for the Uncle Sam Paper Plate Craft
Small paper plate
Skin colored and white craft paint
White fleece or felt
Navy and red cardstock
Foam star stamp
Black permanent marker
Instructions for the Uncle Sam Paper Plate Craft
1. Paint the front of your paper plate with your skin colored craft paint and let dry.
2. Cut a rectangle from your blue card stock that measures across the top of your paper plate for the brim of the hat.
3. Then cut a large square out of your red card stock for the top of the hat.
4. Glue the blue rectangle to the bottom of your red square and use your white paint to draw stripes on to the red square and stamp stars onto the blue rectangle then glue onto the top of The skin colored plate.
5. Glue your Google he eyes right below the brim of the hat and draw a nose underneath with your black marker.
6. Cut out a mustache and beard from your white fleece and a glue the beard around the bottom edge of the plate and the mustache under the nose.
7. Now draw a small mouth under the mustache and your uncle Sam craft is complete.
I love this craft! So cute.
If you liked this Uncle Sam paper plate craft, you may also enjoy:
18 4th of July Traditions to Start with Your Family
Summer Crafts for Little Learners - A Dab of Glue Will Do
Thursday 13th of July 2017
[…] patriotic this summer! Make Uncle Sam paper plate craft as a great introduction to American social studies for little learners while you […]
36 Fourth of July Crafts to Do with the Little Ones | The Anti-June Cleaver
Saturday 24th of June 2017
[…] Uncle Sam Paper Plate Craft | Glue Sticks & Gumdrops […]
Patriotic Crafts for Little Learners - A Dab of Glue Will Do
Thursday 15th of June 2017
[…] wow! LOVE this idea. Make Uncle Sam paper plate craft as a great introduction to American social studies for little […]