Get a double dose of chocolate with these delicious double chocolate chip cookies made with cocoa powder.
Have you ever had the kind of day where one type of chocolate isn’t enough? When you just need as much chocolate as you can pack into a couple of bites? It was that kind of day. But even the worst of days can be made better with chocolate, so the kiddo and I whipped up these double chocolate chip cookies with some of the cocoa powder I’d meant to use.
And they were delicious! They’re based on this recipe, but we left out the nuts, used white chocolate chips and substituted self-rising flour because I was all out of all-purpose flour and didn’t want to run to the grocery store. I’m lazy like that.
My son loved these double chocolate chip cookies made with cocoa powder. I wasn’t sure he’d like them, to be honest, because he thinks cocoa powder looks like dirt. But he had several for himself and then asked for extras to feed all of his superheroes. I can’t be sure, but I think the cookies for his superheroes ended up in his tummy, too. 😉
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. self-rising flour
- ⅔ c. cocoa powder
- 2 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
If you liked these double chocolate chip cookies, you may also like:
And don’t forget this Chocolate Banana Bread. It’s to die for!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Green Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe - July 26, 2017
- 14 First Day of School Traditions to Get Kids Excited - July 24, 2017
- 11 Fall Porch Decorating Tips for a Gorgeous Autumn Display - July 21, 2017