We are getting deep into the fall season now and I am almost giddy! I just LOVE October and the family fun that always goes along with this month each year. We were able to mark a LOT of activities off of our September Bucket List and now we are ready to tackle more family time with our October Bucket List. Making memories is on our radar this month for sure.
October Bucket List
- Eat Candy Corn: Candy corn is something we crave in October. I don’t think I ever want to eat it any other time of the year, but this month it sounds so good.
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch: This seems like an October no-brainer to me, but I am surprised by the people who have never been to a real pumpkin patch. It is so much more fun to pick a pumpkin out of a field instead of at a store.
- Go Hiking: Going on hikes with my kids is always an adventure. Hiking during October is special because we can see all the beautiful colors of the leaves changing.
- Make Caramel Apples: Apple and caramel go together so well and are a delicious treat this month.
- Have a Bonfire: Make a big bonfire and roast hot dogs, marshmallows and more. The weather is cooling down enough to make this the perfect evening activity.
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds: Don’t throw the seeds away after you carve your pumpkin. Roast the pumpkin seeds for an amazing crunchy snack.
- Go to a Haunted House: Haunted houses are an October tradition for a lot of families. Find a really spooky place and go have some scary fun!
- Make a Scarecrow: Teach your kids how to make a scarecrow. This would be a great way to decorate your porch for fall!
- Play in a Pile of Leaves: You are never too old to jump in a big pile of leaves. Rack those leaves into a huge pile and play in them before you bag them up.
- Bob for Apples: It doesn’t have to be a party for you to bob for apples. Just put some in a bucket of water and see who the best bobber in your family turns out to be!
- Roast Corn on the Cob: If you have never roasted corn on the cob you are missing out on a treat. Roast some corn right on the cob and add it to your meal!
- Go Camping: Get a last camping trip in with the kids before the weather gets cooler. I always read up on the best camping hacks before we head out!
- Make a Bird Feeder: We like to bring back pine cones from our camping trip and then we make bird feeders with them.
- Plant Mums: Mums are the best fall plant and look great in flower beds or containers. The brilliant colors will brighten any yard for fall.
- Make Pumpkin Bread: Imagine the aroma of pumpkin bread wafting through the house! Pumpkin bread is a must for fall.
- Play Dress Up: A fun way to get excited for Halloween is to play dress up with your kids. Act silly, put on costumes and just PLAY!
- Carve Pumpkins: Carve pumpkins no matter how old you get. Carving pumpkins is a great way to let your creativity out.
- Watch a Scary Movie: It is scary movie month and there are too many to pick from on TV. I like movies that are less scary, but still make me squint! 🙂
- Look at the Stars: Drive into the country and do some star gazing. The stars are so much brighter when you get away from the city lights.
- Make a Fleece Blanket: It is a great time of year to try your hand at making a no sew fleece blanket. These makewonderful gifts or donation items too.
Grab a Free Printable October Bucket List
Start your October off with some fun! Download this free printable October Bucket List and see what you can accomplish this month. Click HERE or on the image below to download a copy.
What is Your Favorite October Activity?
Do you have a specific activity you love doing every October? I would love to hear about it and add it to my October Bucket List!