This St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies recipe is a real crowd pleaser! Adults and kids will like the sweet taste and the wonderful crunch.
If you’re looking for an easy, yummy recipe to put together for St. Patrick’s Day, you’ve found it. These muddy buddies (or do you call it puppy chow?) can be made in about 10 minutes. And let me tell you, friends, it’s absolutely scrumptious. The great thing about the recipe is that it’s easy to adjust for any holiday. Want to make some for Valentine’s Day in a few weeks? Use red candies instead. How about Thanksgiving? I’m sure candy corn would make a yummy addition!
Kids and adults alike will eat it up. Seriously, this stuff is gone in no time flat in our house. Make a big batch just in case… You can always take some over to a neighbor if you’ve found that you’ve made too much!
St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies Recipe
St. Patrick's Day Muddy Buddies
St. Patrick's Day Muddy Buddies are a delicious and festive treat that's easy enough for the kids to make!
- 9 cups Chex cereal (wheat, rice or corn)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag St. Patrick’s Day themed M&M candies
- Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon Ziploc bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle dark chocolate chips and M&M candies throughout the mixture.
- Store in an airtight container.
Doesn’t it look yummy? Sweet… crunchy. Yum. (Secret tip… I like to sprinkle a little salt over mine). I know, I’m weird. But it’s delicious.
For more St. Patrick’s Day recipes, crafts and activities, check out my St. Patrick’s Day board on Pinterest!
If you liked this St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies Recipe, you may also enjoy:
Lucky Charms Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day
Tequila Lime Jello Shots – great drink idea for adults for St. Patrick’s Day!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Easy Vegan Black Bean and Corn Chili - March 12, 2019
- Baked Strawberry Oatmeal – Vegan and Plant Based - March 7, 2019
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies – Vegan - March 1, 2019