March is here, and spring is just around the corner. For us, March brings lots of rain, a little snow, and plenty of fun. Here are some fun March bucket list ideas for kids and families that will get you geared up for spring! We’re looking forward to warmer weather, blooming flowers and trees, birds singing and more sunshine!
I don’t know about where you live, but here in southwest Virginia, February felt a lot like springtime. We had temperatures in the 60s and 70s lots of days, so that has us gearing up for Spring already. With our luck, though, March will bring all the snow that February should have. Ha! But let’s remain hopeful that it will be a great month weather-wise.
Here are our favorite kid-friendly activities for March!
Fun March Bucket List for Kids
- Play in the rain. I know this sounds like more of an April activity, but when it’s warm enough in March, you can do it then, too. Just grab your umbrella, slicker and rain boots, and head outside. Isn’t listening to the rain the most peaceful thing ever?
- Plant some flowers. Now’s the time to start planting after you’ve had your last frost. Plant some lilies, daffodils, and tulips – my favorite spring flowers!
- Jump in a puddle. That goes along with playing the rain, really, but you can always head out after the rain is over to jump in a puddle, too. Our son loves splashing in a big puddle, and I don’t mind the mess. You’re only a kid once!
- Spot a rainbow. With all the rain that’s bound to fall, look for a rainbow when the sun comes out. You might even spot a leprechaun. *Wink*
- Build a leprechaun trap. If you’re looking for a fun St. Patrick’s Day activity, build a leprechaun trap! You can also make a leprechaun paper bag puppet or dive into a St. Patrick’s Day sensory bin.
- Make a mud pie. You just haven’t lived as a kid until you’ve become an expert at making mud pies. Sprinkle them with grass and flowers for the ultimate mud delicacy. (Confession: I once tasted a mud pie as a kid just to see what it was like. Not as tasty as I imagined, I assure you.)
- Make a bird feeder. The birds have already started coming back here, so some strategically placed bird feeders full of bird seed would sure come in handy for our feathered friends!
- Look for bugs. With all the rain and alternating sunshine, you’re sure to find some bugs emerging from… wherever they come from. It’s a great time to look for earthworms and spiders.
- Play tag outside. Get outdoors and play a good game of tag. It’s a wonderful way to get some exercise (for you and the kids), and it’ll tucker them out for a nap or at least for bedtime later. Win-win!
To download our printable March Bucket List, click HERE, on the image at the top of the post, or in the link below.
If you enjoyed our March bucket list, check out our other monthly lists. Here are more fun activities for March!
Latest posts by Donella Crigger (see all)
- Get Your Free Ultimate Christmas Planning Bundle - October 23, 2019
- 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Dust Bunnies - October 15, 2019
- 15 Easy and Fun Thanksgiving Kids Crafts and Activities - October 14, 2019