This pumpkin chili recipe is full of the flavors of fall! With creamy pumpkin, turkey, white beans and a kick of spice, this is one dish the whole family will enjoy.
With fall in the air, I can’t help but crave hot, hearty dishes like chili. If you haven’t tried my turkey corn chili yet, you have to. It’s soooo good. But I wanted something a little different… and this sweet/spicy pumpkin chili recipe is it! If you’ve never tried pumpkin chili before, you’ll love the combination.
Pumpkin Chili Recipe for Fall
Doesn’t that look yummy? Now let’s get to the recipe… It’s made in the slow cooker after you brown your turkey, so you know it’s easy peasy and hands-off.
Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 c. onion chopped
- 1 c. green pepper diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz can of white beans, drained
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tsp salt divided
- ¼ c. water
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, turkey and green peppers, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Cook until turkey is browned and onions are tender. Add in garlic, stir together.
- Transfer turkey mixture into crockpot and add in the rest of the ingredients, stir together.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Once it’s done, serve with a big dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheese. And if you’re like me, you’ll want a big hunk of cornbread to pair with the pumpkin chili as well.
If you liked this pumpkin chili recipe, check out my other pumpkin recipes!