You woke up a few minutes late, you’re starving, but you don’t have a lot of time for breakfast. And when you’re low carbing, grabbing something through the drive-thru is out the question. What can you throw together in just a few minutes that will fill you up for hours? A low carb breakfast burrito with sausage and peppers! This is one of our favorite low carb breakfast ideas because it’s quick, it’s easy and it’s filling.
Low carb pancakes also make a great breakfast for the carb-conscious.
Easy Peasy Low Carb Breakfast Burrito
While we usually prefer fresh veggies, I have to confess that we keep bags of frozen peppers and onions on hand all the time. They’re great for stir fries, burritos, casseroles and lots of other stuff. And they make these burritos so much easier because you don’t have any chopping to do!
I like mine with salsa; the hubs doesn’t. It’s good either way.
As for the low carb tortillas, we use La Banderita (affiliate) brand. They’re readily available at our local grocery stores, and they’re honestly really tasty. If you haven’t tried them yet, you should!
So let’s get to the super easy recipe, shall we?
Recipe for Low Carb Breakfast Burritos with Sausage and Peppers
Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Sausage and Peppers
- 2 low carb tortillas I recommend La Banderita brand
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 4 large eggs
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup frozen peppers and onions
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa optional
- red pepper flakes optional
- Brown pork sausage over medium heat. To add a little kick, add 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp. olive oil to pan, and cook frozen peppers and onions 3-4 minutes until heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Mix eggs and scramble until firm but not dry. (Be careful of carb counts if you add milk to your scrambled eggs.) Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat tortillas in microwave or in skillet. Top with sausage, eggs and veggies. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- If contents of burrito are not hot enough to melt the cheese, microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Top with salsa if desired.
Wasn’t that easy?
If you enjoyed this Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Sausage and Peppers, you’ll also enjoy:
Monday 7th of March 2016
Great, Donella! I love them. Whenever I have free time, I often try new delicious recipes and your site is my perfect choice. Thanks.